Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Beauty of a Smile..

I just completed a critique of a chapter of of a draft of Leigh Harris' upcoming book, “Metaphysical Mom”, and it completely piqued my brain.

During the chapter, she speaks of the power of a smile. This naturally slapped a smile upon my fugly, bearded face, but also reminded me just how underrated smiles truly are.

When was the last time you smiled at a stranger? Seriously, can you think back to a time you smiled at a stranger? I hope it has been recent. If not, do it, do it soon, do it often, and note the reaction. Let the record state that I smiled and thanked the pleasant old lady who handed me my to-go pizza for dinner tonight. She returned the smile..always a beautiful thing. And the pizza looked good, and its texture was sublime..Anyways..

Smiles are sincere. Even when I'm having a bad day, a smile from a stranger can completely lighten my mood. And spreading smiles can certainly lighten others' moods as well (and you don't even have to worry about STD's with smiles; whore yourself out and smile at everyone...Women, men, the elderly, children, kittens, goats..anything. Smiles are always free to give, and often priceless to receive.

So in the great words of Forrest Gump, “Have a Nice Day”, and smile away..

No comments:

Post a Comment